What better way is there to warm up on a cold January evening than with a soft and gooey puff pastry wrapped baked brie? This classic appetizer somehow manages to sound fancy and delicious while remaining fairly simple to make — AKA the perfect way to impress your friends and family with minimal effort. With just five ingredients you can jazz up a boring platter of cheese and crackers and create a dish that overshadow even the tastiest of desserts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 35 – 40 minutes
Servings: 10-15 finger-food portions
1 wheel of brie cheese
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
1. Cut the rind off of the top of a large wheel of brie cheese. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Spread the uncovered top of the brie with raspberry jam.
4. On a stick free cookie sheet, lay out crescent roll dough.
5. Place brie on top of the dough.
6. Fold over the ends of the crescent roll dough so that it covers the top of the brie. Remove excess dough.
7. Drizzle with maple syrup.
8. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of brown sugar.
9. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot and gooey with crackers and apple slices.